At some point in every law enforcement or correctional officer’s career, he or she will be called upon to use physical defensive tactics for basic survival. For many officers, this happens weekly. Knowing and using the appropriate tactics for a given situation is essential.
This course details the approved methods that all law enforcement officers should be adept in using and executing, as well as the scenarios in which each is suitable. Knowing defensive tactics could be the difference between life and death.
This course provides clear visual instructions on tactics that are legal and that you can learn to follow and practice on your own over and over again.
We know that “practice makes perfect,” or more important with this subject, it could save your life!
Module 1 - Defensive Tactics for Corrections
- Imminent Danger, Anticipatory Accack, Force
- Reactionary Gap, PEDA
- Facing Drills, Switch Feet, Palm Heel Strike
- Interview Stance, Moving Drills
- Forearm Strike, Knee Strikes
- Blocks and Wrist Releases
- Choke Holds, Sleeper Holds
- Headlock, Control and Restraint, Arm Bar Takedown
- The 90/90, Restraints
- Restraints Continued
- Gun Retention: Elbow and Strong-Hand Shielding
- Gun Retention: Two-Hand Shielding
- Module Assessment