Foundations of Leadership
Section 1: What Is Leadership and What Does a Leader Look Like?
Learn the basic foundations of leadership. Explore leadership definitions and take part in a brief discussion of leadership versus management. Examine leadership traits and several leadership “types” in detail. Also learn about leadership personalities and how leadership assessments are a tool to better develop personal leadership.
Section 2: Everything Rises and Falls on Leadership: Leadership Is Developed
Explore the building blocks of leadership, including:
- Influence—Leadership is influence, nothing more, nothing less.
- Priorities—Leaders are challenged each day to set top priorities.
- Integrity—Integrity is hard-won, builds trust, and sets high standards.
- Change—The one constant is change. How we adapt as leaders determines how we handle change.
- People—We can’t do leadership alone; it takes a great people and a better team on the same mission.
- Vision—Leaders cast the proper vision and set the navigation standards for people to get there.
- Self-discipline—The hardest person to lead is yourself. Leaders must take personal responsibility.
Section 3: Leadership Is Developed Daily, But Not In a Day
Listen to a detailed discussion of personal leadership development. Explore different tools, techniques, assessments, and personal challenges to improve leadership.
Module 1 - Foundations of Leadership
- What is Leadership and What Does a Leader Look Like?
- Everything Rises and Falls on Leadership: Leadership is Developed
- Leadership is Developed Daily, But Not in a Day
- 5 Levels of Leadership by John Maxwell
- Insights on the 5 Levels of Leadership
- The Prime Ingredient: Integrity
- The Indispensable Quality: Vision